Galloway Wild Foods provides botanical consultation and product development advice for individuals, groups, landowners and businesses of all sizes, from tiny artisanal start-ups to global corporations. I relish connecting chefs, distillers, bartenders, brewers, brands, hospitality events, pop-ups, food producers and educators with the wild resources around them. Please browse my past and ongoing clients by clicking on the logos throughout this page.
If you are interested in booking private foraging tuition or an event for a private group, then please look at this page first.
All consulting work is tailored entirely to the individual needs of clients. It usually includes some or all of the following:
- Surveying a geographical area for wild resources
- Working with artisans/brands to identify authentic flavours of time and place
- Flavour profiling of wild botanicals
- Identifying abundant species suitable for scaleable commercial use
- Advising on/designing responsible, sustainable and commercially viable harvesting strategies
- Working with clients to tune plant identification skills and general botanical knowledge
- Detailed reports of wild resource availability throughout the year
- Advising on legal responsibilities with regards commercial use of wild resources and food safety, supply chains and handling practices
- Brand promotion and consumer engagement through guided walks, social media, blogging
- Staff training and wild days out
Example 1: Assessing, evaluating and reporting on local botanicals for a start-up gin brand.
Example 2: Teaching a brigade of chefs how to find, sustainably harvest and safely use wild ingredients from around their restaurant.
Example 3: Connecting renowned bartenders from around the world with wild ingredients as part of a brand engagement campaign.
Example 4: Writing website content to engage professionals and consumers with an international gin brand
Example 5: Advising NGO’s on land use policy with regard to wild harvests and foraging
All consultations are carried out in strict confidence by Mark Williams who has 25 years experience working in this field as an artisanal producer, wild food educator, chef, writer and consultant. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch for a no-obligation discussion on how a consultation might work for your business.
Please email email@example.com in the first instance, and we can then arrange a chat on the phone.
Please click the logos on this page to learn more about businesses I have worked with.
- About Galloway Wild Foods and Mark Williams
- Film and TV Appearances
- Articles, Reviews & Blogs on Galloway Wild Foods
- Foraging Tuition and Private Bookings
- Foraging Events Calendar