SPECIAL TERMS & CONDITIONS WITH REGARD TO CANCELLATIONS OR POSTPONEMENTS DUE TO CORONA VIRUS :
All the terms and conditions below still apply, though with the following special measures around Corona Virus affected events.
IMPORTANT: If you are contacting Galloway Wild Foods about an event, please title your email with the full name and date of the event, as it appears on the events calendar. Please also include your original booking confirmation and/or order number.
If you are a ticket holder for a postponed event:
I will email you with a voucher to the same value as your tickets, for use against future events. There is no need to request this – I will send it, but would be grateful for your patience.
You can, of course, request a refund for any cancelled event, but I would very much appreciate it if you would accept a voucher. I am self-employed and this work is my only income. At present government support measures do not seem to cover the self employed. I also realise that this will be a time of increased hardship for many people, and will do my best to accommodate everyone’s preferences.
If you are a ticket holder for an event that isn’t postponed:
Regular terms and conditions (below) apply, but again, I would greatly appreciate it if you could wait to see how things play out. You will be eligible for a refund or preferably a voucher to the full value of your booking, should the event need to be postponed at a later date, and I will contact you about this if required.
If you are considering buying a ticket on a future event:
As per above, you will be eligible for a full refund or voucher should the event not go ahead. You also get massive brownie points for your optimism, and appreciation of the value that foraging will have in the post-Corona virus world!
All vouchers issued against postponed events will be valid for two years from the time of issue. Please see below for full policy around use of vouchers.
Terms and Conditions for Purchasing Places on Walks and Events:
- In the event of no-shows or cancellations by ticket holders within 2 weeks of events, Galloway Wild Foods is under no obligation to refund payment by money or voucher or transfer bookings.
- Ticket holders who need to cancel should make every effort to notify Galloway Wild Foods as early as possible. Only when places can be resold will refunds/rebooking be considered.
- In the event of cancellation or rescheduling of events by Galloway Wild Foods, ticket holders will be entitled to rebook for another event. If no suitable dates occur, the purchaser will receive a full refund.
- In the unlikely event of cancellation by Galloway Wild Foods due to bad weather or illness, as much notice as possible will be given to ticket holders.
- The only adverse weather that events will be cancelled for will be dangerously strong winds.
- The decision of Galloway Wild Foods to cancel and event on the grounds of safety is final.
- Galloway Wild Foods is not liable for expenses (other than ticket price) incurred by ticket holders in the event of an event having to be cancelled.
- The person booking tickets is required to supply all relevant information on mobility restrictions, medical conditions, food allergies and eating preferences. There is a box on the checkout page where this information should be entered.
- The purchaser of the tickets is responsible for ensuring that all members of their party come suitably dressed for the weather, season and event. On all walks, for your comfort and safety, walking boots/wellies, waterproofs and spare clothes are necessary. I always recommend wellies for coastal foraging events – you are likely to get wet feet and or ruin your shoes if you don’t have them.
- The purchaser of the tickets is responsible for ensuring that all members of their party has read and accepted these terms and conditions.
- The purchaser of the tickets is responsible for circulating email correspondence about the event among their party.
All data submitted to Galloway Wild Foods when booking an event or purchasing a gift voucher is securely stored and never passed on to any third parties. I promise never to spam you either: all you will receive is a notification of your booking and payment, and a reminder email in the week prior to the event with exact information on where/when to meet, what to wear etc.
Terms and Conditions for purchasing Gift Vouchers:
- Vouchers are usually valid for 1 year from date of purchase, but vouchers issued against events postponed due to corona virus will be valid for 2 years from date of issue. I will also extend the validity of pre-pandemic vouchers by 1 year so they can be used when events resume – please contact me if your voucher has expired.
- One voucher can be applied to multiple events, or as part-payment of more expensive events.
- Vouchers can be used to pay for private tuition and events.
- Vouchers can be used to book and pay for scheduled Galloway Wild Foods events. Please note, that some events on the calendar are not run by Galloway Wild Foods. In these instances it may not be possible to use a gift voucher for payment, though if the holder contacts me directly, quoting their voucher code, I can usually work something out.
- Valid voucher codes must be applied at the checkout when booking an event on this website.
- In the event of no-shows or cancellations by the voucher holder within 2 weeks of a booked event, Galloway Wild Foods is under no obligation to refund vouchers or transfer bookings paid for with vouchers.
- Vouchers are not refundable in all or in part.