CORONA VIRUS : PLEASE CHECK WITH AUCHENCAIRN HOUSE ABOUT THE STATUS OF THIS EVENT HERE.
A residential weekend at Auchencairn House, Galloway. Explore edible woodland, hedgerow and coastal plants, plus some late summer fungi and seaweeds, in a stunning corner of Scotland, as part of a gourmet break in a beautiful country house and estate.
Learn all about Scotland’s remarkable wild larder and enjoy wild flower champagne, foraged tasters and tipples, and a gourmet foraged lunch as part of this weekend break.
Read what people have said about foraging with Mark Williams of Galloway Wild Foods
Friday 31st July – Sunday 2nd August
£500 per person
What’s included in the price?
- B&B in Auchencairn House for three nights – this is a glorious country house!
- Three course dinner Friday, Saturday and Sunday at Auchencairn House, using fish, shellfish, game and wild ingredients from the estate.
- Foraged lunch with Galloway Wild Foods on Saturday, and lunch on Sunday
- Unlimited teas and coffees
- Guided foraging and wild cookery session/lunch with Galloway Wild Foods on the Saturday
- A guided trip to Heston Island, a beautiful tidal island in Auchencairn Bay
- An exploration of the extensive vegetable/herb gardens and tea plantation of the estate.
For full details, and to book, please visit Auchencairn House website here.
Please direct all enquiries to Auchencairn House, not Galloway Wild Foods.
Galloway Wild Foods Gift Vouchers can be used to pay for this event – just quote your voucher code when booking with Auchencairn House.
Please read the following information before booking a Galloway Wild Foods event.
This information applies only to events booked on this website. When booking events involving GWF anywhere other than on this website, the terms and conditions of the vendor apply, which may be different from the following.
Galloway Wild Foods is under no obligation to refund or rebook for no-shows or cancellations within 2 weeks of the event.
In the unlikely event that an event is cancelled by GWF you will receive full refund, exchange or voucher.
The only weather that causes events to be cancelled is dangerous wind. In these instances you will be notified as early as possible.
Please provide the following information for all members of your party in the “Additional Information” box on the payment page :
- Medical conditions
- Mobility issues
- Eating restrictions – differentiating between preferences (e.g. vegetarian), intolerances (e.g. gluten intolerance) and serious allergies (e.g. peanut allergy). All requirements can usually be catered for, but these differentiations are required for risk assessments.
Please ensure that all members of your party come suitably dressed for the weather, season and event.
On all walks, for your comfort and safety, walking boots/wellies, waterproofs and spare clothes are necessary. I always recommend wellies for coastal foraging events – you are likely to get wet feet if you don’t have them!
Please bring your own drinking water.
Your learning and enjoyment may also benefit from bringing a camera, notebook, field guide, small basket/cloth bag. Feel free to bring along any of your own wild food preparations to share and talk about.
My very friendly, calm dog occasionally accompanies me on guided walks. He is not a distraction, and often adds to the entertainment as he tends to like to copy my foraging antics! If you have a specific aversion to dogs, please check with me before booking – I don’t necessarily need to bring him. The one thing that makes him more of a handful is other dogs (he will constantly want to play with them, especially if they are ladies!), so please check in with me first if you might like to bring your own dog.
Please contact mark on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07900 692 478 if you have specific questions that are not answered here, or if you are running late on the day.