CORONA VIRUS: THIS EVENT IS POSPONED
Ticket holders will be notified and sent a voucher to use against rescheduled events.
For more information Please see information on Corona Virus and Galloway Wild Foods Events
A guided meander through the green corridors of Glasgow’s West End exploring the drinks uses of wild plants, inspiration for foraged cocktails, boozy elixirs and all things wild and tipsy. Over the course of a 1 mile walk over 3 hours, you will discover:
- How to find, identify, mindfully harvest and process great plants for cocktail-making
- Tips on building your own wild cocktail cabinet (i’m not talking carpentry here!)
- Endless inspiration for making your own gins, cocktails, schnapps, meads, shrubs, syrups, oxymels, vermouths, amari, bitters, beers, vermouths, wines, hooches and moonshine
- On-the-hoof cocktail mixing – we’ll make the drinks of the walk, on the walk
- Tasters, shots, slurps, mists and some proper refined cocktails
- The Drunken Botany of everyday plants and the hidden alchemy of urban green spaces
- Cocktail hacks and mixing tips from the pros
This walk is highly recommended for bartenders looking to extend their repertoire, as well as playful home sipsters who like sophisticated tipple. Don’t bring the car.
Your host, guide and personal bartender for the afternoon will be me, Mark Williams. One third of my life is spent hanging out with the best bartenders in the world (and learning their techniques). Another third is spent consulting with gin producers on the best botanicals for the job. The other half is spent on my gin deck, doing ‘research’ and trying to remember how to do fractions.
You can pay by paypal, debit/credit card or use a Galloway Wild Foods Gift Voucher.
Meeting place: Glasgow West End. Ticket holders will be notified of the exact location in the week prior to the event.
Date: Sunday 10th May 2020
Start time: Arrive in time for a 1pm start
Finish time: Around 5.30pm
Essential: Stout footwear, weather-appropriate clothing, drinking water
Optional: A small basket or cloth bag, notebook, camera,
Please read the IMPORTANT INFORMATION tab on this page before booking and again before setting off for the event.
Sorry, this event is not suitable for dogs or under 18’s.