Join wild food educator Mark Williams of Galloway Wild Foods for an exploration of the remarkable wild larder of Argyll’s autumn forests and hedgerows. Over the course of about 1.5 miles of easy walking over 3 hours you will explore the full range of the autumn wild larder. There will be wild treats and tasters to enjoy throughout and the walk will end with an al-fresco cook-in of our finds.
• How to find, safely identify, mindfully harvest and cook autumn plants and fungi
• Hedgerow fruits
• Flowers and Seeds
• Late summer herbs
• Food, drink and medicinal uses
• Wild cookery
• Preservation and wild booze techniques
• Key resources for taking your personal learning forward
Meet: For a 1pm start, Thursday 7th September 2017, Inverary Hostel, Dalmally Road, Inverary, Argyll, PA32 8XD. (See map tab)
Expect: Gentle walking on well made paths over 3 hours (maximum 2 miles easy walking), followed by and informal al-fresco cook-in of our finds. There will be wild treats and tasters to enjoy throughout.
Bring: Stout footwear, waterproofs, water. Your learning and enjoyment may also benefit from bringing camera, notebook, field guide (plants/fungi), small basket/cloth bag.
TO BOOK PLEASE CONTACT INVERARY HOSTEL
Phone: 01499 302 454
- Booking for this event is NOT through Galloway Wild Foods, please direct all enquiries to Inverary Hostel.
- This event is not recommended for children under 12 years old
- Sorry, no dogs
- Fungi are fickle: it is not possible to guarantee what mushrooms we will find!
- Cancelled bookings can only be refunded if we are able to re-sell your place at the event. In the unlikely case that either Galloway Wild Foods or Inveraray Hostel must cancel the event, attendees will be duly notified and full refunds will be issued
If you wish to use a Galloway Wild Foods gift voucher to pay for this event, please mention it when you contact Inverary Hostel.
Please read the following information before booking a Galloway Wild Foods event.
This information applies only to events booked on this website. When booking events involving GWF anywhere other than on this website, the terms and conditions of the vendor apply, which may be different from the following.
Galloway Wild Foods is under no obligation to refund or rebook for no-shows or cancellations within 2 weeks of the event.
In the unlikely event that an event is cancelled by GWF you will receive full refund, exchange or voucher.
The only weather that causes events to be cancelled is dangerous wind. In these instances you will be notified as early as possible.
Sorry, but no dogs other than guide dogs are permitted on guided walks. I know your’s is really well behaved, but I can’t let some dogs and not others!
Please provide the following information for all members of your party in the “Additional Information” box on the payment page :
- Medical conditions
- Mobility issues
- Eating restrictions – differentiating between preferences (e.g. vegetarian), intolerances (e.g. gluten intolerance) and serious allergies (e.g. peanut allergy). All requirements can usually be catered for, but these differentiations are required for risk assessments.
Please ensure that all members of your party come suitably dressed for the weather, season and event.
On all walks, for your comfort and safety, walking boots/wellies, waterproofs and spare clothes are necessary. I always recommend wellies for coastal foraging events – you are likely to get wet feet if you don’t have them!
Please bring your own drinking water.
Your learning and enjoyment may also benefit from bringing a camera, notebook, field guide, small basket/cloth bag. Feel free to bring along any of your own wild food preparations to share and talk about.
Please contact mark on email@example.com or 07900 692 478 if you have specific questions that are not answered here, or if you are running late on the day.